I have seen many adorable little kiddos with these crowns and I wanted to make some myself. After some digging around online I figured it out! It was a fun project for a Saturday night!
* Lace (I found at a local fabric store and bought a yard of each design)
* Mod Podge
* Hot glue gun
* Gold, silver, or any color fabric or acrylic paint
*Glitter to match your paint
1. Go to a fabric store and pick out some lace. It is usually sold by the yard and you can get some great designs.
2.Cut the length that you need for your project. I put it up to my daughters head to measure where I wanted it to lie.
3. Paint the lace with your color choice. I painted on the wax paper as it was easy clean up. Let dry.
4. Paint with your first layer of Mod Podge. Make sure to coat both sides of the lace evenly and pick up the lace and move it around. You do not want the Mod Podge to pool and create "windows" in the lace.
5. Let each layer of the Mod Podge dry. You can speed up this process by using a hair dryer on the lace.
(This is what it looks like after the first dry layer)
6. Repeat this process 3-4 more times. While the Mod Podge is still wet on the second or third layer, add the glitter.
7. Make sure that you have something fun for your little one to "help" with as all she wanted to do was help mama paint. :)
8. Hot glue or super glue the two ends together. Make sure that the lace matches up so that it looks as seamless as possible. I also brought out my needle and thread for a little back up at that point.